The stations annual festival, landed in Newcastle and Gateshead on 16th-19th September with 5 live programmes broadcasting live from Newcastle city centre, off-air interactive activities in the 5 live 13m EventHaus Igloo and live coverage of 30th Great North Run.
What we delivered:
The famous BBC Radio 5 live EventHaus Igloo was activated at the Health and Fitness Show on Gateshead Quayside, between The Sage and the Baltic Centre, on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th September. Free interactive activities in the Igloo included:
• Try your hand at football commentary with expert advice from the 5 live commentary team
• Have a go at radio presenting in a specially constructed 5 live studio, with advice from
• Friends and relatives left their messages of support for Great North Run competitors in the 5 live Vox Box, a selection of which were played live on-air on 5 live ahead of the big race and now available to view on the 5 live website
• Be an online star for the day on the 5 live website
• CBeebies singing sensations the ZingZillas performed live hourly from 12pm each day
• Kids area
The EventHaus dome attracted over 7,000 people both adults and children during the two live days. A huge success for all involved.
View More Structures